The Fellowship of Christian Athletes in Kansas City annually sponsors a sports ministry, summer internship called FCA University. The goal of FCA University is to train college students in spiritual leadership, sports ministry and camp ministry. The intern will experience weekly opportunities to live out that training with coaches and athletes. FCA believes that investing in and mobilizing the next generation of leaders is one of the most significant things it can do.
Things To Know
FCA University begins May 27th and ends July 22nd (8 weeks). The internship is full-time Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm. Interns will attend the National Collegiate Camp on May 27-29th at Illinois College. Interns will not be required to work on Memorial Day or the 4th of July.
You will receive constant fundraising training, encouragement and support starting in February. You will also receive fundraising resources, including letter templates, envelopes, return envelopes, and postage. Your goal is to raise $3,000 to $4,000 for your summer internship stipend. If you raise less than that, your stipend will only be as much as you raise. Raising an additional $500 is required to cover your internship expenses. (NCC registration, gas to and from camps, discipleship materials, etc)
As a student-athlete in college, it’s important to fulfill your responsibility as a student-athlete, first. If you have to get summer credit hours, we only accept interns with online classes. Please make sure you can give the appropriate amount of time to your classes. We also understand that you have requirements as an athlete. Please make sure you are obedient to your coach's training regimen for the summer. (We will help you find proper training facilities for your workouts.)
We expect you to be in attendance every day something is scheduled. However, we understand that some exceptions will have to be made (weddings, family vacation, etc). If you choose to pursue an internship with us, please let us know of any unavailable dates on your application.
- Summer Internship
- Sports Ministry Experience
- Biblical & Leadership Training
- Camp & Campus Ministry Training
- Sports Ministry Career Exposure
- Attend weekly Bible studies and staff meetings; be punctual and ready to participate
- Be a team player, work with other FCA University members and staff while reflecting Christ
- Focus on evangelism through fellowship, based on the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Abstain from romantic relationships with team members
- Abstain from alcohol and drug use
- Participate in the entire FCA University internship and fulfill all responsibilities assigned
- Your position will be financially supported solely through your fundraising efforts. You will be trained to understand the Biblical basis of support raising.
As an intern, you are considered FCA staff for the duration of your internship. It is critical that you understand you are representing FCA and most importantly the gospel of Jesus Christ. Integrity, Service, Teamwork and Excellence are the core values of FCA. We expect you to model and exemplify each of these values.